Friday, July 30, 2010

So that just happened...

Just got back from a brisk 5K in my brand spankin' new shoes. Was a minute faster than two days ago in my brutally destroyed old shoes, I turned on the MacBook Pro, went to ESPN, and saw "it". I then, stood up and starred out the window for about 45 seconds as if I were watching a snake mate with a bird. Quickly, a slightly menical-smirk came over my face and I realized the world we are living in is beyond crazy.

Sportynation, ladies and gentleman there is a page on ESPN designed specifically to chronicle Tim Tebow's "career." It is called "Tebow Watch"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/feature/index?page=TebowWatch



Remember the days when ESPN had an NBA running free agency clock 3 months ago? And then, when July 1st happened nothing happened? People stood around and looked at each other like "so what do we do" Eventually, something happened "it" in this case was LeBron. ESPN, ultimately, lost with that "it." However, now ESPN is back to its money maker: Tim Tebow.

Sportynation, manufactured storylines are back back back. The NFL is back.

Be easy, sportynation. This is my Minority Report.

Disclaimer: I experienced a great deal of cognitive dissonance in this post. That is to say, I am writing about something that I find utterly ridiculous, "Tebow Watch" and am also attaching a link. O my. Shower, red wine, burger in no particular order here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment